This notice just in from the Clinton Hill Society:
Bruce Ratner's Brooklyn Atlantic Yards Project
is NOT A DONE DEAL, unless we think it is!
The Fort Greene Association
The Society for Clinton Hill
Invite you to an important meeting about The Brooklyn Atlantic Yards Project
A review of its major features
The Draft Environmental Impact Statement on the BAY Project:
- What it says
- An Analysis by the Council on Brooklyn Neighborhoods
- Discussion of how you can influence the process
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2006, 7:00-9:00 pm
Queen of All Saints Church
Lafayette Avenue between Clermont and Vanderbilt, enter on Vanderbilt
The Brooklyn Atlantic Yards proposal includes:
- 16 Skyscrapers with as many as 60-stories casting their immense shadows over Fort Greene and Clinton Hill residences, streets, and our parks;
- 20,000 seat arena with upwards of 250 events a year, its noise and garbage, sanitation trucks, parking, vehicular traffic, and subway congestion;
- 18,000 new residents making this area the densest residential area in the entire United States.
Clinton Hill, Fort Greene and surrounding communities must respond to the ESDC Draft Environmental Impact Statement. It is our only opportunity to participate in the process and have our opinions heard.
On July 18th, The New York State Empire States Development Corporation released Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Forest City Ratner Brooklyn Atlantic Yards Project Proposal. This means the clock of the 66 day response period is ticking. The official public hearing is Wednesday August 23, 4:30-8:30 at New York City Technical College, 285 Jay Street. This forum will be recorded and entries are included in the official public record. A second public Forum will be held September 12, 2006. Written comments are due September 22nd. These are our chances to weigh in on the Brooklyn Atlantic Yards Project Proposal. Come to the August 16th meeting co-sponsored by the Society for Clinton Hill and the Fort Greene Association to learn more about the project, the DEIS, and about how to respond.