Speaking of trees, a local art gallery is holding an exhibition that benefits the MillionTreesNYC initiative!Opening Receptions: February 10 & February 25, 2010 and by appointment
Two original paintings will be raffled off with the proceeds donated to MillionTreesNYC
Brooklyn, NY: Gallery House is proud to present “EARTH,” an environmentally themed group exhibition. This exhibition in both form and function is meant to celebrate and highlight the challenges our planet is currently facing. It is critical for our own survival that we learn to put a priority on the environment’s needs. Many of us have become so immersed with day-to-day responsibilities and possessions that we have begun to neglect the stage that our lives play out on. “EARTH” refocuses the viewer’s attention to nature through the medium of art.
Two receptions will be held during which one original painting will be raffled off with the proceeds donated to MillionTreesNYC, a public-private initiative between the City of New York and New York Restoration Project to plant and care for one million trees across New York City by 2017. The gallery will be open by appointment from February 5th through March 12th.
What: Gallery House Presents “EARTH’”
When: Wednesday, February 10 & Thursday, February 25, 2010 from 7:30pm – 11:00pm
Where: Gallery House 272 Clinton Ave. Brooklyn NY, 11205
About Gallery House Galley House is a Clinton Hill based organization dedicated to the sharing of ideas pressing our world today. Through our hosted reception, we aim to gather and communicate said ideas through art, music and other types of artistic expression. For more information, visit us at www.galleryhouse.org.
About MillionTreesNYC MillionTreesNYC is a citywide, public-private initiative with an ambitious goal: to plant and care for one million new trees across the City's five boroughs by 2017. By planting one million trees, New York City can increase its urban forest - our most valuable environmental asset made up of street trees, park trees, and trees on public, private and commercial land - by an astounding 20%, while achieving the many quality-of-life benefits that come with planting trees.
The New York City Department of Parks & Recreation (Parks) will plant 60% of the trees in parks, on streets, and in other public spaces. The other 40% - coordinated through New York Restoration Project (NYRP) – will be planted by private organizations, homeowners and community organizations. Parks and NYRP are working with community partners to assess tree planting opportunities on schoolyards, public housing campuses, health care facilities, business districts, commercial and residential developments, front yards and other private lands. For more information about MillionTreesNYC, visit www.milliontreesnyc.org or call 311.